Wednesday 14 October 2015

Breast cancer awareness month: Always living for today

Author: Sianny M

Hi, I am 42 years young with secondary breast cancer. I am usually fit and happily married with three amazing young children.

Initially diagnosed at 38 with my youngest was only 18 months old. 


Treatment: Mastectomy, chemo and 12 months of hormone injections first time around and more chemo, stereo tactic radio therapy and ongoing injections now... 

To be honest it's like a roller coaster.. Disbelief that this could happen, in shock that you can't feel a thing, sadness that I'm not going to be here for my children growing up and will be the cause of so much pain for my family and friends, not in control of my body / life / future (what future)...


Then I stop myself and remind me about today and my family...they are the important things and today is all that matters x

Always living for today đź’•

No comments:

Post a Comment